Friday, December 28, 2012



Lucian Freud, Naked Girl Asleep.
This painting gets to me every time. 
(Not my first time posting this, so pardon my habit of looking at things over and over and over again)


The sheer vulnerability of it is simply indescribable.

You can't help but imagine yourself in such a position and you want to cover it up so badly because it's terrifyingly exposed. Yet at the same time, you're strangely drawn to it. Maybe because you get accustomed to the feeling of being exposed and you come to terms with it. That is a nice feeling, to not fear openness. Discomfort lingers but it does not repulse you anymore.


I've always wanted to know the true colour of the painting though. 
I know "Freud uses cremnitz and flake white"
but don't know how cremnitz white is like to be able to deduce the true colour of the painting.
Is it possible to deduce the colour of portraits by the kind of white an artist uses anyway?

-


Random photo of a girl I found with eyes I really like.
{edit} ok not just a random girl. Cara Delevingne. {/edit}

No comments: